Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Culture Shock!!

So I made it to Amsterdam safely....I can seriously say that I now fully understand what culture shock is. Everything felt very different as I got off the plane. Suddenly people are dressed fashionably, high heeled shoes, bikes everywhere, clouds in the sky, beautiful buildings, a currency that is expensive, no one wearing head scarves or gallebaya´s, traffic that obeys the laws and drives in lanes.....the list goes on. It is crazy but I really have never felt like this before. Life seems so different on this side of the world...
Spent a few days in Amsterdam with one of my Dutch friends, and now heading to Czech Republic and Poland for my last few weeks. I will actually be home on the 24th of Sept, sorry for the mistake!




My friend Lotte and I in Amsterdam




Riding side saddle on the back of Lotte´s bike..one of the best ways to get around the city. We have only had 2 accidents so far...



Some of the buildings in Amsterdam. I forgot how really beautiful this city is!



The bikes in Amsterdam. They are everywhere!



Buildings and the canals in Amsterdam

No comments: