Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hiking in the heat

Here are a few pictures of the rest of my time in Egypt. I am on my way to Europe tonight...Bit nervous to get back to developed countries...



Our group eating in the Bedoin camp just before the desert hike...There were a lot of jokes about how we may not make it out alive...I was a bit worried as the temps were around 50 degrees or so.




Hiking in the desert. Fricken hot and hard to walk on the sand. The scenery was quite beautiful though.



Our Bedoin guide through the desert.



A camel..isn't it so cute??? I just love these animals!



The Oasis, where we spent our fist night in the desert. Was pretty nice actually but the temperature did not drop as much as I would have hoped..
The second night we spent under the stars on the sand...very cool! Despite all the sand blowing around throughout the night!




Climbing through the Enclosed Canyon. This was actually wuite difficult..had to rock climb a bit...very nice scenery though and alot of laughs!



The 6 survivers of the desert hike...we made it out alive!!



Tracy and I on top of Mount St. Kathrines at sunrise. This is where Moses recived the 10 Commandments. We had to get up at 1:30 am to climb..it was exhausting but well worth the effort for the view as the sun came out. Though, I think I have never seen so many tourists on one mountain before! It was hectic! And..it was actually a bit cold at the top of the mountain..I had to wear my hat...sweet relief from the heat!!!



Camels being transported...I thought this was kinda funny!



Marsa Alam, a beach on the East coast of Egypt just south of Hurgada. Beautiful here with crystal clear water and loads of coral reef!

No comments: